Watch the video
Learn the fundamentals of sales tax
9 eCommerce Podcasts that will Boost your Business
byNovember 1, 2020
I love podcasts because they allow you to entertain yourself and learn something all the while you’re doing something else (like cooking, washing dishes or getting some deadly boring cardio out of the way.)
This month, a lot of my favorite podcasts are promoting an initiative called #TryPod. The premise is simple – tell someone you know who doesn’t listen to podcasts about a podcast you think they’ll love.
I thought I’d take it a step farther and tell all of our blog readers about some eCommerce podcasts that will help you work smart and grow your business’s bottom line. So pick one of these eCommerce podcasts from the list below, and listen the next time you’re folding laundry or weeding the garden.
And if you’re not sure how to listen to a podcast, I have some tips at the bottom of this post!
General eCommerce Podcasts
- My Wife Quit Her Job – If you gain inspiration from hearing other successful bootstrapped entrepreneurs tell their stories, then Steve Chou’s podcast is for you. To dig in, check out: How Mike Brown of Death Wish Coffee Created a Multimillion Dollar Coffee Company.
- eCommerce Momentum – The purpose of Stephen Peterson’s podcast is to help eCommerce sellers get “unstuck” in the same old rut. Episode to check out: Duane Malek – Selling Seven Figures on Amazon on his Terms – Debt Free
- eCommerceFuel – even though there will be no new episodes forthcoming, I can’t leave off Andrew Youderian’s podcast. Work your way through their back catalog for great discussion on topics like Selling Controversial Products Online. (And if you’d rather read, this podcast takes time to transcribe episodes!)
- Private Label Podcast (Amazon FBA) – I especially like their “Listen and Learn” series that provides actionable tips for growing and improving your store, like “Do These 3 Things to Increase Product Reviews.”
Channel-Specific eCommerce Podcasts
- The Amazing Seller (Amazon FBA)- In this helpful and informative podcast, Scott Voelker shares best practices for Amazon FBA private labelers. We love Scott because he really doesn’t hold back when it comes to offering up actionable tips for really growing your FBA business. Check out his latest episode: The Exact Steps to Buy & Sell FBA Businesses.
- MageTalk (Magento) – Phillip Jackson and Kalen Jordan take a deep dive into the #realmagento community. My favorite episode is “Kind of Butch, Innit?” where Karen Baker of ShipperHQ reveals how to ship eCommerce products to secret government bunkers (and other hard-to-find locations.)
- Shopify Masters (Shopify) – Hosted by Felix Thea, this podcast is owned by and focuses on Shopify but brings a whole lot more general eCommerce info to the table. A great recent episode to try is Selling in Marketplaces vs. Your Own Store: Lessons from the Founder of Dotoly.
General Business Podcasts
- How I Built This – Guy Raz from NPR interviews famous entrepreneurs on how they built their businesses. Favorite episodes include the origin stories of moguls like Richard Branson and companies like Southwest Airlines.
- StartUp – This show is divided up into seasons, with some seasons focusing on just one company while others focus on the startup processes of various companies. I recommend the first season of this podcast where the founders were literally podcasting the founding of their own startup media company. No matter your industry, you’ll learn something (and totally relate.) Start with episode one “How Not to Pitch a Billionaire.”
How do I listen to a podcast?
You have a few options when it comes to listening to podcasts. The least-effort option is to head over to the podcast’s website and stream it from there. I dislike this option, though, because it uses data if you’re on a mobile device, often limits your mobility, and you have to remember to check back for new episodes.
My favorite option is to listen in a podcast app on a mobile device. Once you subscribe to a podcast in the app, new episodes will download when they come out and you’re connected to WiFi – generally overnight. Here’s a quick guide on how to use podcast apps for both Android and iOS. If you don’t have a smartphone or device, there are podcast apps for your desktop, too.
And finally, to be a good citizen of the podcast world, be sure to rate and review the podcasts you love. Ratings directly correlate to helping these podcasts get found by other listeners so they can continue producing quality free content for all of us!
I only touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to great eCommerce and business related podcasts. What are your favorite podcasts? Do you host a podcast yourself? Let us know in the comments!Please note: This blog is for informational purposes only. Be advised that sales tax rules and laws are subject to change at any time. For specific sales tax advice regarding your business, contact a tax advisor.
The basics of US sales tax
Learn the fundamentals of sales tax.Watch the video