Sales Tax Fundamentals
Get up to speed on the basics of sales tax
Where physical and digital retail connect: RICE 2022
byMay 4, 2022
The TaxJar team is looking forward to the upcoming Retail Innovation Conference & Expo (RICE) happening May 10-12, 2022 in Chicago, IL at McCormick Place. If you are attending the event, please stop by our expo Booth #1715. We’d love the opportunity to meet with you, and show you how TaxJar can support your retail business. This event is produced by Retail Touchpoints, an online resource for retail execs, sharing content that shares how to optimize customer experience on all channels. We are excited to be attending, and eager to meet retailers like you.
Here’s a rundown of this year’s event.
RICE 2022 Overview
RICE is a combination of three events: Internet Retailer Conference and Expo, design: Retail Conference and Expo, and Retail Innovation Summit. The agenda is packed, and is focused on topics like omnichannel strategy, e-commerce, digital marketing, and physical store design. One goal of the conference is to educate retailers on how to take advantage of the recent e-commerce opportunities presented by the pandemic. Retail execs from across the industry, regardless of offerings, will benefit from this three-day event. In addition, anyone from marketing to sales to customer service will find learning opportunities throughout the conference.
Speakers include retail leaders from Foot Locker, Walmart, Coach, Ring, and Target. There will be breakout sessions, hands-on workshops, and high-value keynotes for attendees to take part in. For those wanting to collaborate with other retail companies, there will be plenty of opportunities to collaborate and network with colleagues as well. Here are a few sessions and events we’re most excited about:
May 10 – Day One
- DTC Workshop: Craft Your New Growth Roadmap
- Rose Hamilton
- How a Remarkable Customer Experience Can Be Your Best Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Dan Gingiss
May 11 – Day Two
- New Perspectives on Global Growth: Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
- Fareeha Ali, Sonya Gill, Abhishek Ahluwalia
- Championing Brand Authenticity and Transparency: What Does It Really Mean Today?
- Erin Hochstein, Vanessa Barboni Hallik, and Andrew Smith
- What’s Your Omnichannel Personality?
- Sharon Gee
May 12 – Day Three
- The Future of Social Commerce: Embracing Content and Community to Drive Customer Loyalty
- Deborah Weinswig
- Beyond Millennials: Using Buy Now, Pay Later’s Growing Adoption to Attract New Customers
- Kelly Campbell
- Resale as a Meaningful Growth Channel
- Anthony Marino
What sessions are you most excited to attend? Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn, as we’d love to hear from you! And don’t forget to stop by booth #1715 to chat with the TaxJar team. Register for RICE 2022 here.